Thursday, January 13, 2011

Identity Crisis! Did Your Astrological Sign Change Too? o___0

Sadly, I get most of my news from Twitter. Mostly because it's easily accessible through my iPhone app and I can see what my friends from around the world are babbling about. I was bored, logged in at home and I took a look at the "Trending Topics". That's when the word, "Ophiuchus" caught my eye. I've never heard of that word before so I decided to google it.

So here's the summary of my reading this article from NBC: 

  • The sun and moon are always moving. Because of that, they are in a different position from 3,000 years ago when astrology began (12 zodiac signs were assigned to 12 different periods of the year).
  • Those signs you were born into are different now because of a "wobble" in the Earth's axis has "created a one month bump"
  • As a result of that "bump" everyone's "new" sign is the one before it.
According to the article, these are the NEW signs:
(And yes, I noticed that certain dates overlap, too lazy to dig up why. LOL!)
Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29

Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17 *What ARE you?!
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20
Ophiuchus

According to SCHMjDT's blog, Ophiuchus is the sign of a man holding a serpent. A serpent as in the one who tempted Adam and Eve and ended their time in paradise. Interesting...

So anyway, I'm a CAPRICORN now. Good thing I passed on getting my zodiac sign tattooed on me!  xD


** EDIT // Apparently if you look at my screen capture, the change only affects those born after 2009. Again,TOO LAZY TO GOOGLE IT**






4 comments:

  1. WOW that's so SO INTERESTING!!! WTF i'm a GEMINI NOW?! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL and i just realized this makes jac a ophiwachamacallit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! it sounds like something from Avatar. ;p I feel so odd, I felt like I really matched the typical "Aquarius" signs! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! I'd still be a pisces. Hmmm so only those born after 2009.. I have some googling to do!

    ReplyDelete