Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How to "Hack" Your Facebook Profile!

Due to flash flood warnings and sudden, torrential downpour on Oahu, my beach day with my friends got canceled. SAD! Thanks to Mashable on Twitter and to The Telegraph I found a way to pass time. In the article it explains how to make your "new" FB profile look like Alexandre Oudin, who is credited with starting this whole "face in your profile" thing!

The steps SOUND easy enough, all you need is a picture at least 692 pixels wide and a picture editing program that you can crop with. I used the default program (Preview?) the comes on a MacBook. Here's the picture I used as my base, me and Kashi (692 x 539):
Next, start on the left side of the picture and crop out what will be used as your "Profile Picture". This has to be 180 pixels wide and 540 pixels high:
Next, for the "strip" of "Pictures of You" (where you are tagged) you have to crop out a section that is 495 pixels wide and 70 pixels high. After you have your "strip", crop it into 5 smaller pictures (about 98.5 pixels wide)

This is the tough part because the article says to start cropping 20 pixels down the right side of the picture. It actually depends on how much info you have filled out for your profile (i.e Where you worked & your projects, schools, relationships, etc.) So what I ended up doing was taking a screen shot of my profile and layering it on top of my "base", then erasing the pictures:


After I did that I used it as a reference to what and where I should crop my photos. For my Kashi's mouth, I cropped out a picture that was 440 x 150 and cropped it into 3 pictures (145 x 150). This was my finished project when I uploaded everything on Facebook:


I tried everything I could to fix the cheek part. Oh well! Anyway, to upload the photos of the parts of Kashi's face, I made 2 albums. I uploaded the "strip" from "right to left". So to make it look like this on my page:


You upload the pics backwards, like this:


Don't "Publish" these pictures & tag yourself from "right to left" again. Finally for Kashi's mouth I uploaded the last 3 pictures and "Published" them. 

*Phew! Ok, have fun with it guys!!!





1 comment: